- Update to Unicode 15.0.0 - Migrate to pyproject.toml for build information (PEP 621) - Correct another instance where generic exception was raised instead of IDNAError for malformed input - Source distribution uses zeroized file ownership for improved reproducibility
Thanks to Seth Michael Larson for contributions to this release.
- Update to Unicode 14.0.0 - Update to in-line type annotations - Throw IDNAError exception correctly for some malformed input - Advertise support for Python 3.10 - Improve testing regime on Github - Fix Russian typo in documentation
Thanks to Jon Defresne, Hugo van Kemenade, Seth Michael Larson, Patrick Ventuzelo and Boris Verhovsky for contributions to this release.
- Add type hints (Thanks, Seth Michael Larson!) - Remove support for Python 3.4
- Ensure license is included in package (Thanks, Julien Schueller) - No longer mark wheel has universal (Thanks, Matthieu Darbois) - Test on PowerPC using Travis CI
- Python 2 is no longer supported (the 2.x branch supports Python 2, use "idna<3" in your requirements file if you need Python 2 support) - Support for V2 UTS 46 test vectors.
- Update to Unicode 13.0.0. - Throws a more specific exception if "xn--" is provided as a label. - This is expected to be the last version that supports Python 2.